Quickbooks is a well-known accounting software that provides accounting services for small and medium-sized businesses. Quickbooks features and services include multiple advantages for businesses in managing the financial operations of the business. Users can link their bank accounts in Quickbooks to keep a track of all the transactions in their accounts. Generate invoices, Reconciliation, and many other features make it one of the best accounting software. However, every good thing comes with some flaws and errors are part of any software. The Quickbooks Overflow error is one such error that you might encounter when your accounts exceed the limit assigned to it. The balance sheet in your Chat of Accounts sheets will reflect the overflow message.
However, there is no need to worry. You need to take some proper measures to fix this issue. Below we have listed some of the ways through which you can troubleshoot this error.
Reasons behind Quickbooks Overflow Error
Before leading to the troubleshooting methods, let us read the reasons that can lead to this error.
- The Overflow error can occur if the account balance field is showing balance greater than $9,999,999,999.99.
- Damaged or Corrupt Quickbooks Company file data can get this error.
- Conversion of one large Quantity to another can lead to this error.
- If the value of the inventory item is greater than the total number of items in the inventory.
- The format you are using is not allowed.
Troubleshoot Quickbooks Overflow Error in Simple Steps
Here are some of the troubleshooting methods that can be used to resolve this Quickbooks Error. However, these errors are based on some common issues that lead to this error. If you are unable to resolve this error with these methods then you must contact the experts at Quickbooks. They will provide you a quality efficient solution to troubleshoot this error.
Method: 1 Resolve Balance Overflow issue
- Follow these steps to troubleshoot the basic issues that cause this error.
- Open the Quickbooks software and then create a new company file.
- Name the company file as “New Working”.
- Now Resolve the Account balance in the chart of accounts.
- Go to the Chart of accounts sheet.
- Now locate the account that is exceeding the limit.
- Modify the transactions in the account to ensure it doesn’t exceed the allowed amount that is 10,000,000,000,000.
- Now check if the error is resolved or not. If the error is still there then try the next method.
- Memorized Reports
- Click on the Reports menu and choose the run report option and check if it shows the overflow message on the memorized report.
- If the overflow message is not displaying on the new report then delete and recreate it.
- If it’s showing the overflow message then follow the below steps:
- Check all the lists that have values in numbers.
- Make sure to include the inactive terms also.
- Open lists and choose the Add/Edit option.
- Modify all the columns that have values in numbers and check for the overflow.
- Click on Edit, change, or Delete option to resolve the overflow issue.
- If you have the latest release of Quickbooks softwaer then go to “Search look for overview” and click on the “List elements” option.
- Check all the transactions and after resolve, this issue click on the verify option.
Solution: 2 Fix Damaged Quickbooks Transactions
Follow these steps to resolve Damaged Quickbooks Transactions issues.
- Go through all the reports such as customer sales, Customer transactions, Financial Statements, and all the other reports to detect the Overflow error.
- After this, Diagnose the transactions to resolve the issue.
- Once you are done, try running the balance sheet again.
Solution: 3 Quickbooks Rebuild Data Feature
- Start Quickbooks and open files and choose the utility option.
- Now choose the rebuild data option and click on “Ok” if prompted to take a backup of the file.
- Now, wait until the “Rebuild is complete” message appears on the screen.
Solution: 4 Single Item Overflowing
- If the overflow error is causing due to a new item then you can simply delete it and create it again.
- If the error is causing due to old item then follow these steps:
- Check and verify the transaction that is causing the issue and then modify the transaction.
- If you are unable to find the transaction then create an “Adjust Quantity” terms to the sheet to manage the average balance.
So these were some of the ways that you can use if you have encountered Quickbooks overflow error. You can also troubleshoot Quickbooks POS Financial Exchanger error manually by mapping your accounts in Quickbooks.
In case, you need assistance then feel free to react experts at Quickbooks.