Quickbooks is one of the best accounting software that is being used by small and medium-sized businesses to manage the financial data of the business in a convenient way. The Quickbooks software offers multi-user access that allows multiple users to access the Quickbooks Company file simultaneously. However, while accessing the Quickbooks Company file from one of the workstations, you might get Quickbooks Error H202. this error occurs when there is an issue in connecting with the Quickbooks company file.
However, there are various ways available thraugh which you can resolve this issue. In this blog, we will explain to you the causes that lead to this Quickbooks Error H202 along with some troubleshooting methods that will help you in fixing this issue.
Before leading to the Solutions, let us have a look at the causes that leads to this Quickbooks Error.
Reasons that lead to Quickbooks Error H202
The Quickbooks Error H202 can occur due to various possible reasons that are listed below. When you try to open a Quickbooks company and Quickbooks is unable to start the connection with the server then this Error occurs.
- This Quickbooks Error can occur due to improper or wrong hosting settings and configuration.
- Any anti-malware software blocks the connection between the Quickbooks software and the server.
- The IP address of the Host computer is unreachable for the workstation to connect.
- There is any kind of conflict between the DNS server and Quickbooks Database Server Manager.
- Due to Damaged or Corrupt Quickbooks Services or Components.
- Clash of Quickbooks Multiple versions can also lead to this error.
- The Port for Quickbooks H202 is not available.
The methods to troubleshoot the H series error depends on the causes of the issue. In most cases, the solution to fix the H-series error almost the same. Below listed are some of the methods that can be used to troubleshoot the Quickbooks error H202.
How to Resolve Quickbooks Error H202?
Solution: 1 Check Your Network Connection
- Begin the process by opening Quickbooks software on the network.
- Open file menu and choose the utilities option and then click on Turn of hosting option.
- Now go to the Host computer and click on My computer icon or Press the Windows key and enter “This Pc” and hit enter.
- Now click on the Network option from left window-pane to check all the networks are listed properly.
- Now ping from the host computer to all the computers in the workstation.
- After this ping from the Host computer to the computer that is showing the Quickbooks error.
- Use the command prompt to process this ping test. Use this Ping Command; Ping[Computer Name] and Enter.
If while transmitting the message if there is any kind of loss of the data packets and latency then it might be because of some issues in your Local Area Network. You can contact the technician to troubleshoot this issue.
Solution: 2 Quickbooks Diagnostic Tool
- Open the Official Quickbooks website and download the Diagnostic tool.
- Install the QB tool and then run the tool to scan the folder.
- Write down the IP address of the Ports while its process.
- Go to the Firewall status section and enable all the Ports that have open ports button.
- Complete the steps to complete it and then try opening the file again from the computer that is reporting the Quickbooks error.
If you are still getting this Quickbooks error, then you need to add Quickbooks Firewall Port exceptions in the Anti-malware software to troubleshoot this issue.
Solution: 3 Transfer Quickbooks Company file
- Go to the C:\ drive in your Computer and create a new folder to store the Quickbooks company file.
- Now open the existing folder and select the company file and the respective.TLG file and press the CTRL + C key to copy the file.
- Now go to the newly created folder and then press the CTRL+V key to paste the file in the new folder.
- Now open the Quickbooks software in multi-user mode to check whether the error has been resolved or not.
These are some of the Quick methods that you can use to troubleshoot the Quickbooks error H202. You can also use the Quickbooks file doctor tool if you have encountered Quickbooks Error 8007057.
if you are not much comfortable with technical terms then you can contact professionals at Quickbooks. They are well-trained professionals who have the expertise and can help you in resolving the issue in no time.