Getting an error while working on Quickbooks software can be really irritating and Quickbooks Error C=272 is one such runtime error that occurs when you use the Quickbooks Rebuild Data Utility or QB verify data utility feature. Hence, you need to take proper measures as soon as the error occurs to avoid any kind of further issue.
The troubleshooting methods for this Quickbooks error depends upon the reasons that led to this issue. Hence, Before leading to the ways to troubleshoot this issue let us first have a look at the causes of this Quickbooks error.
Quickbooks error C=272 Causes
The Quickbooks Error C=272 can cause due to several reasons. Improper configuration of the windows components can cause this issue. Even the damaged Quickbooks company file can also cause this error.
Solutions for Quickbooks Error C=272
In case, You need some Quick ways that can help you in troubleshooting this Quickbooks error then you can follow the methods mentioned below. However, you are not much tech-friendly and need some assistance in order to fix this issue then you can get assistance from the experts at Quickbooks. You need to contact the professionals at Quickbooks and report your issue. Once they will study the issue completely, they will respond to your with a Quality solution to fix the error. Or If you want to troubleshoot this error on your own then follow the methods mentioned below to resolve this issue.
The Process to Resolve the Quickbooks error C=272 needs to be followed very precisely in order to avoid any data loss. Ensure to create a backup of your Quickbooks company file to avoid any kind of data loss.
Sol: 1 Use Quickbooks Sample Company File
- Double-click on the Quickbooks software to open it while holding the CTRL-key.
- Wait until the “No Company Open” Window will open and then release the key.
- If you get an error message instead of the “No company Open” window then you can proceed to the next steps.
- Now click on the “Open Sample File” option and open any of the listed files from the list.
- Open the Sample file.
If you can access the Quickbooks company file then you can go to the verify and rebuild option or you can click on the restore button. however, if you are getting an error then you can proceed to the next steps.
Sol: 2 Disable Windows 10 Compatibility Mode
- Open the Properties window of the Quickbooks software by Right-click on the Quickbooks shortcut icon.
- go to the “Compatibility tab” and then unmark the “Run program in compatibility” mode.
- Click on Ok to save the changes and then choose cancel option and follow the next process.
Sol: 3 qbw32.exe Windows Compatibility
- Right-click on Quickbooks icon and choose the properties option.
- Now go to the “Qb Installation folder” and click on the Find option.
- Now open the properties window of “qbw32.exe” by right-clicking on it.
- Click on the compatibility tab and then disable the “Run Program in Compatibility” option.
- Click on Ok to save the changes and then choose the cancel option.
- Close all the running Quickbooks program and windows explorer.
- Quickbooks still not opening? follow QuickBooks won’t open tutorial
Sol: 4 Open Quickbooks Company file
Once you have completed the methods listed above then restart your device and double-click on the Quickbooks software to open it. Now go to the Quickbooks Company file and open it. If you can access the Quickbooks company file without any error then it means the error has been resolved.
However, if you are still getting the Quickbooks error C=272 while opening the Quickbooks company file then it might be because of any other reasons. If you have got Quickbook Error H202 then use the Install diagnostic tool to fix it automatically. You can try troubleshooting this issue by contacting an Experts at Quickbooks. They will help you in fixing this issue with some Quick and precise ways.