The Quickbooks Error 8007057 Occurs when you try to open a company file that has been created in Quickbooks 2014, with the latest version of Quickbooks. An error message will be displayed on the screen whenever you will try to open the Quickbooks Company file with an Error code number. If you are getting Quickbooks error 80070057 then it means the Quickbooks manager is not allowed to make any changes to the file. However, if you have encountered this error then there is no need to worry. You can use the Quickbooks Recovery tool to fix the issue in no time.
In this blog, we will learn about the causes that lead to this Quickbooks Error and some methods that can be used to fix this issue permanently.
Quickbooks Error 8007057 Causes
There could be various reasons that can lead to this Quickbooks error. However, we have listed below some of the common issues that can trigger this error. The Quickbooks Error 8007057 occurs when you try to open the company file from the network. Hence, most of the issues are related to network problems or server issues.
- You might be trying to open the Quickbooks company file by double-click on the file directly instead of opening it from the Quickbooks software.
- There might be any kind of connection issue while opening the Quickbooks company file.
- The third-party firewall on your computer might be having some issues.
- If you are using the Bitdefender antivirus then you might get this error because It blocks some of the uncommon ports when devices try to transfer data. Quickbooks 2018, 2017, and 2016 uses the 56728, 56727, and 56726 ports respectively to communicate through the server as this Quickbooks version uses the database from the hosted computer.
Methods To Troubleshoot Quickbooks Error 8007057
This Quickbooks error 8007057 occurs due to some issues that can be troubleshot easily with the methods mentioned below. Follow these steps in order to fix the issue properly.
Solution: 1 Rename Network Data (.Nd) files
- Begin this process by placing a new network data(.ND) file in the Quickbooks Company folder.
- Now close all the running programs and log out from the Quickbooks software.
- Restart your computer and then log in as an administrator.
- Now open the Quickbooks Company file folder and then Look for the files with.ND extension in the end.
- After locating the file, either rename it with OLD in end or delete those files permanently. These files will get created automatically and the Quickbooks software will refresh the network settings to communicate with the workstations.
Solution: 2 Quickbooks database Server Manager
- Press the Windows key and then search the “Quickbooks Database Server Manager” tool.
- Click on the Scan option if the file is already listed in the tool or click on the Add Folder option.
- Go to the folder where the company file is stored and select it.
- Now press the scan option.
- The scanning process will reconfigure the Quickbooks Connectivity settings to allow Quickbooks File Sharing permissions so that data can transfer easily through the workstations. Along with this, it will also report the issue if the Quickbooks error is causing due to anti-malware programs.
- Now go to the Host computer and open the company file and then try to open the file from the computer that is reporting this Quickbooks error. If it still showing the error then you need to contact professionals to fix this issue.
Solution: 3 Quickbooks Clean Install
If even after performing the above methods, the Quickbooks error 8007057 still persists then you can try re-installing the Quickbooks software to fix this issue. The Quickbooks Clean install tool can be used to perform a clean install of the Quickbooks softwaer. The Clean Install refers to complete removal of the Quickbooks softwaer from the device.
Solution: 4 Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
The Quickbooks File doctor tool can also be used to repair the damaged and corrupted Quickbooks Company file.
Solution: 5 Configure Bitdefender Antivirus
- Open the Bitdefender window and go to the antivirus.
- Click on the custom level and then choose the “exclude path” option.
- Now click on “New item” and then choose the UNC path or the Mapped Drive.
We have tried explaining all the ways that can help you to troubleshoot this Quickbooks error. In case, you have got Quickbooks Overflow error then manually troubleshoot the error by locating the transaction that is causing the error. Modify the article to resolve the issue.
If you have tried the above-mentioned solution and not able to fix this issue then you need to get in touch with a professional. They will help you in troubleshooting this error.